The process of selling yourself into the role is not over, please take a few moments to read the following points to help you WOW in the second interview!
- Know where you are going, and correct time
- Arrive five minutes early
- Upon waiting take an interest in the company, (i.e. read information, talk to reception)
- Greet the interview by their last name
- Switch off your mobile phone
- Present yourself correctly – if you’re not suited, booted and groomed, it could be a losing battle!
- List all the skills/attributes that the job requires- with examples
- The list then constitute a summary of your key skills, that relate to the role
- Focus on the attributes required in the job specification, back up questions with your example list
- Remember on a second interview you have to put in a great performance at a second interview.
This is a vital stage, your performance so far at the 2nd interview could have secured the role for you. As in the 1st interview it is inevitable that you will be asked “any questions?” Your questions may have already been answered during your interview but like any great salesperson question until you fully understand their need.
Video: How to Close a Sales Interview
Video: The Most Important Questions You Should Ask at a Sales Interview
The final thing to do and is a MUST is to tell the interviewer(s) that you are interested in the role (you may want to write this down as a question so that you don’t forget)
“Thank you for talking the time to see me, I am very interested in the role, this is a position I have been looking for” – add the close – “when are you looking to make your decision”
Good Luck from the team at Aaron Wallis.
By Paul Masterson
Paul can be contacted on 01908 764280